Friday 1 March 2013

First posting!

Hello blogging world, 

So begins my attempt at becoming a blogger...

I'm at that point in my life where I'm finally leaving the warm, easy, confines of school and hopefully heading into a career in the publishing world. It's incredibly scary, full of fears about paying rent and buying groceries, but also extremely exciting!

I've been accepted as an intern for Scholastic Canada, which is VERY exciting! I'll be starting this spring and it's really nice that at least I know I'm going from school to an internship-- especially one that I'm really excited about. We all know Scholastic is an AMAZING house. It has beautiful offices, too. 

In this industry, it is important to be familiar and well-versed in social media, so I've gone from being solely a Facebook-user to really expanding my use of social media platforms. I'm now a faithful user of Twitter, Pinterest and GoodReads. Actually, I may have a bit of an addiction to GoodReads-- I use it more than Facebook and Twitter. 

Then again, it's a social media platform all about books-- and my love of books may be driving my slight over-use of GoodReads. 

Blogging is an excellent way to keep up with writing, but it's also an excellent tool for someone like me who wants to work with books. Reading and reviewing books is something that I love to do, so I'm thinking that this blog will mainly be used for that purpose. 

Of course, I'm sure I'll cover many other things, too. I love a good tangent, just as much as I love a good book and a good cup of coffee. 

Here's to finding time to blog, as well as to post, tweet and pin!

No comments:

Post a Comment